Pinterest: Magistra Michaud
Amphora with Scene from the Iliad c.520 BCE
In our post 101 Omen for our Time, I observed that our present global situation appears similar to that 3,200 years ago, just prior to the collapse of the Bronze Age. The centerpiece of that post was a lecture to the Oriental Institute by Dr. Eric Cline.
Today, I offer you a series of 14 thirty-minute lectures by Dr. Eric Cline of George Washington University, which were published three months ago in December 2017. The breadth of the series expands upon what we heard from him previously, for these 14 lectures expand upon his blockbuster book The Fall of the Bronze Age under the rubric “The Trojan War,” and present the archaeological research backing much of what Cline said in the book and lecture we presented in the prior referenced Post 101.
Here are the 14 lectures:
- The Tale of the Trojan War
- The Mycenaeans
- The Hittites
- The Sea Peoples
- Greek Literary Evidence For The Trojan War
- Bronze Age Or Iron Age?
- Hittite Literary Evidence For Troy
- Heinrich Schliemann And The City Of Troy
- Priam’s Treasure
- Wilhelm Dorpfeld And The City Of Troy VI
- Carl Blegen And The City Of Troy VIIa
- Manfred Korfmann And Recent Excavations
- Possible Motivations And Dates For The Trojan War
- Did The Trojan War Take Place?
I suggest you take these lectures two per day, and meet me back here next Saturday night.
Thanks for visiting,
R. E. J. Burke